Saturday, October 30, 2010

Review: Gone by Michael Grant




In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE.
Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no Internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...

Released: July 1st, 2008
Published by: HarperTeen
Series: Gone, 1
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Library
Page Amount: 558

I know I say this about most novels that I have been reviewing lately, but I loved GONE by Michael Grant. Lately I have been reading really amazing books, and I have been wanting to read books that I know won’t be good since I can show you how I am not just reviewing the good books that I read. I am honestly reading just amazing books lately.

GONE is one of those novels that you just have to read. You are missing out on some amusingness if you do not pick up this novel this moment.

The plot, and I am not kidding, is one of the most unique and unheard of plots that I have ever read or even heard of. Before I picked this novel up, all I knew that it has been getting amazing reviews by every huge blogger that I know (for example, The Story Siren,) and I knew that sooner or later I would have to pick this novel up. It wasn’t until I saw the huge lettering on the spin in my school library that I was totally serious about reading it.

I loved GONE. Can I say that enough? For any of those crazy people who have not read this book, you must pick it up now. There was everything that you could ever possibly want in a novel. Like able characters, amazing writing style, and much more!

The cover of GONE is not my favourite and I honestly don’t get it. There are just a bunch of random people standing staring off into space. I am guessing that the people are characters from the book, but it is not obvious which ones. I love that it is a wrap around cover, though. I find that whenever I find a book with a wrap around cover, I fall in love with it. I don’t know for certain why though. Maybe not a lot of books have wrap around covers? I have no idea.
Like I said, if you are one of those crazy people who have not read GONE, than you must go to your nearest book store and buy it. Right now. Because it is amazing.

Plot 10/10
Like able Characters 9/10
Problem Development 10/10
Solution Effectiveness 10/10
Writing Style 10/10
Character Development 10/10
Cover 7/10
Setting 10/10
Ending 10/10
Beginning 6/10
=
92%

Love,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment