Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Released: December 23, 2008
Published by: Hyperion Books
Series: Touch, Book One
Star Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Netgalley
Page Amount: 252
Age Group: Young Adult


Summary

Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help--but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

From the best-selling author of Blue is for Nightmares comes a story of paranormal romance that's sure to be a thrilling and chilling teen favorite.


Review

I saw this novel on Net galley (weird right?) and I knew I wanted to read it so I requested it. I’m so glad I got the opportunity to get this novel because I was not disappointed!

This story was so fast paced, getting right down to business right at the very first page. I really liked that, I felt it went very well with this story.

Camelia was a very enjoyable character. She was realistic, but without being too boring. I love my bad boys so of course I fell in love with Ben. The only thing I didn’t like was that I could see through him through the whole book, I would have preferred him to have a more hard core bad boy feel through the whole book. Camelia’s friends were some of my favourite I have ever read about… I wish they were my best friends!

I found the writing incredible, I think the author wrote the story beautifully. There were some moments that I was so captivated by the writing alone that I lost track of time.

I enjoyed this novel a lot, and I can’t wait to get into the other books in the series.

Cover Comments

I love love LOVE this cover. I think the little detailing around the title is gorgeous! I love the girl’s dress, and overall I think it’s a good representation of this novel. Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment