Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Information:
Released: Aril 26th, 2011
Published by: Mira Publishings
Series: Stand Alone Title
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Netgalley
Page Amount: 400
School Rating: A+
Age Group: Adult (But young adult readers can read it.)
Summary:
‘I don't know how to tell you what I did.' The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle - her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her family - described a woman who embraced life. But they didn't know everything. Because the unaddressed letter reveals a terrible secret...and a legacy of guilt that changes everything they thought they knew about the woman who delivered their children. A legacy that will irrevocably change their own lives - and the life of a desperate stranger - forever. Diane Chamberlain gets to the heart of the story.

Cheesy Back Cover Quote:
“Diane’s newest book is well written and enchanting. A mervellous and moving story on love, loss, and friendship. I wouldn’t mind having Tara and Emerson as my best friends.”
Review:
I have read two of Diane’s other books, Before the Storm and The Secrets She Left Behind, and I have reviewed both. I plan on reading her other books, so I knew I was going to read her new book. I wasn’t planning on reading it until its released, but when I saw it on Netgalley, I knew I was going to need to read it sooner. I love Diane and her books, so the thought of reading her book came naturally. I am really glad I read it, because it is now very high up on my favourite books list.

In this novel, the plot and story came naturally, not too fast and not too slow, and it kept me reading from the first page. I never say this about a book, because most of the time it is not true, but I am going to say it about this one. This story is flawless . Pure perfection. The story is amazing, moving, beautiful, flawless, perfect, enchanting and so many more words that I could write but I would never be able to stop.
The writing is beautiful, flawless... and all of those words all over again. I love Diane’s writing, its just so unique, and you can really tell that she has true talent. Her writing is unlike any other writer’s I have ever come by. If you handed me a piece of Diane’s writing and didn’t tell me it was hers, and told me to guess who the author was, I could probably pick it out right then and there. That is how unique her writing is. I just can’t get enough of it.
Emerson and Tara are amazing best friends, and I wouldn’t mind having them for ones. Noelle was someone you either loved or hated, and I honestly didn’t like her much. She just wasn’t a good overall friend to Emerson and Tara. The other supporting characters where great help in making the story that much better.
This book was amazing, beautiful, and here I go with the describing words again. Everyone who loves realistic fiction books needs to read this one now, and you will never regret it. You can tell Diane has a passion for story telling, and she doesn’t need to stop anytime soon. I am looking forward to reading some more of her work soon!
Cover Comments:
I am in love with this cover. I love the simplicity of it, just the woman holding the infant. The colours are beautiful, bright but in a subtle way. It shows a lot about the story without giving it all away at a glance. It shows protection, how one little life could mean the whole world to someone, and how they never want anything to happen to that little life.

Ratings:
Plot 10/10
Like able Characters 10/10
Problem Development 10/10
Solution Effectiveness 10/10
Writing Style 10/10
Character Development 10/10
Cover 10/10
Setting 10/10
Ending 10/10
Beginning 10/10
=
100%

Love,

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment