Sunday, August 22, 2010

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


I DID get books in my mailbox this week! I got two books, plus a bind-up! Here's what I got!



Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer.

Lori can't wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wake boarding and hanging with her friends—including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she's turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that's not going to happen—not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.

Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori's romantic summer melt into one hot mess?



I don't know much about these novels, but I have heard from reviews from GoodReads that they are good, so since it is a bind-up and you can get two books for like, twelve bucks, I decided that I would give it a whirl and find out for myself if this book is good.



I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.

I heard from Jessica at Chapter Chicks that this book was worth a read, and the movie is coming out next March and I didn't want to get the movie cover, so I decided to pick it up. I can't wait to read it!

& last but not least...

The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud tells the haunting story of a young man who narrowly survives a terrible car wreck that kills his little brother. Years later, the brothers’ bond remains so strong that it transcends the normal boundaries separating life and death. Charlie St. Cloud lives in a snug New England fishing village. By day he tends the lawns and monuments of the ancient cemetery where his younger brother, Sam, is buried. Graced with an extraordinary gift after surviving the accident, he can still see, talk, and even play catch with Sam’s spirit. But townsfolk whisper that Charlie has never recovered from his loss.

Into his carefully ordered life comes Tess Carroll, a captivating, adventuresome woman training for a solo sailing trip around the globe. Fate steers her boat into a treacherous storm that blows her back to harbor, to a charged encounter with Charlie, and to a surprise more overwhelming than the violent sea itself. Charlie and Tess discover a beautiful and uncommon connection that leads to a race against time and a desperate choice between death and life, between the past and the future, between holding on and letting go.
I wasn't able to go to the movie at my local theatre, but I am glad I got the book. I wanted to read the book before I watched the movie, so when I wasn't able to get the the movie theatre I jumped at the chance to get the book. When I saw it for ten bucks I quickly picked it up and threw it into the cart. I am so excited to read this one!

So, that's all for me this week for In My Mailbox. What did you get in yours?

2 comments:

  1. Great mailbox! I'm now following. :) My IMM Birthday Edition is here.

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great mailbox this week! I've wanted to read Charlie St. Cloud but not sure I can handle a tearjerker right now lol. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete